Sunday, September 9, 2012

I Get It Now: Why Boys Write Their Name in the Snow

Got up early again. Got myself some milk and powdered donuts and enjoyed my coffee and the morning for a little while. I had to wait until at least nine to start using power tools as I didn't want to make my neighbors angry. Once 9a came though, it was on. The power washer that is. As I was power washing I decided to write my name in the muck. I totally get why guys pee in the snow! Because it's fun! Duh.


Got the decks power washed and man do they look nice. Decided to go ahead and do the picnic table and the front porch as well. Why not?!?



Once I did that, I went over to Mark and Tina's to pick up the battery charger. Stayed only a little while and then headed back home. Wendy and Amber were at the house packing up some things; it's starting to come together! While they were there, Wendy and I moved the dressers out of the master bedroom and made a list of things that were still needed. We did find two of the missing baseboards for the bedroom, so I got those stained and ready to be put in. The battery for the sawzall was going to take a while to get charged up so I found another project to work on for the evening.


Don't forget the loveseat:


Almost finished project (I'm going to paint the table legs later):


I have cushions for these chairs, which I'm going to make a maroon slip cover for. Not sure how the colors will work together exactly, but somehow I think it's going to be okay...

And while I'm at it...

 

I'm going to have to do several coats on the last chair; and probably a varnish of some sort. It was in pretty bad shape. Projects, projects, projects. I just keep finding more.

Headed in for the night after all this and decided to clean up the bedroom a little bit: sweep the floors, put up stuff I no longer need for that project, etc. I'm really happy with the way the bedroom is turning out. Only one more window frame, one door frame, and small piece of baseboard to stain, a little painting touch up to do here and there, small bit of window trim to paint, and painting the doors left. Getting so close to done. While I'm finishing up all of those, I'm ripping the bathroom apart and hoping to get started on that project. That's for this week though and will probably take a while! Here's what the bedroom looks like after cleaning:



That was my Sunday!

No comments:

Post a Comment