Sunday, August 26, 2012

Dig IN 2012

Went to Dig IN with my good friend Tina! for some yummy grub. We met around noon and waited in a line for about a half hour to get in.

Once we got in, we went to the back to work our way up. We never made it to the front. :) Got a little wine on our way from our good friends at Winzerwald Winery (the best IN winery) and tried some of our local IN foods. Had some curry from the Spice Box which was excellent and then some sort of corn thing from the Scratchtruck, also amazing. We tried several other places and I can't remember all that we had. Everything we tried was really good. What I remember the most is 240 Sweet marshmallows. Had them last year too and they are definitely the best marshmallows ever! I got a beer and we sat down for a while.

By 2pm it was hotter than the dickens and we were both wore out. Sat over by the winery tent and I ended up slinging some wine for a little while. Meanwhile, Tina decided to call it a day (who can blame her) and she went and got herself a pedicure. I really need a pedicure.... note to self.

I ran into 'Random Greg' and we hung out for a little bit. Went to a winery and got something like blast berry cyclone wine. I can't remember the exact name, but it reminded me of a mix between Colt45 and Ed Hardy. It was alright. I might drink it again... over ice.

Ended up sticking around and going out to dinner with Danielle, Fred, and Melissa (kind of). They went to St. Elmo's and it was way to expensive for my blood. I ended up having some of Fred's steak (flipping awesome) and a piece of their horseradish shrimp cocktail. Yum. I'll have to go back some day when I have some cheddar. Anyhoodle - it was good to see my good friends from the ville! Love those guys!!

Unfortunately, I didn't take any pictures! :( So, all I have is the brochure/tasting pass...


No comments:

Post a Comment