Saturday, August 4, 2012

Thirty. Three.


I turned a whopping 33. This is what I did on my birthday:


Started out Friday with some lunch with Mr. Mont (aka Monster). We had BBQ.

Monty with the reflection of the red & white
checkered tablecloth in his glasses.
It was freaking me out when I was talking to him.
It wasn't long until I went to have some Korean BBQ
at Mama's (the best Korean in town) with my seeester, Karin, and Cammie! Yeah, I ate meat all day long. It was pretty damn awesome.

Korean BBQ


I'm weird.
Kim and Karin. 
Then, we went to the IMA for Summer Nights and Shawshank Redemption. Walked around the museum for a little while before the movie. Made two postcards in the activity section of the fashion exhibit. Cammie got in trouble for taking pictures of the art.

Some shadow fun.
More shadow fun.
Little people.
Plastic discs in the lobby.
Outside art.
Foil balls.
My favorite.
Side view.
Aaaah.
We are so awesome!

Karin cracking up.
My ticket.

On Saturday, we went drinking pretty much all day and I was gifted with many a mustache. One says: "Well, hello there!" in this very mustache-y masculine voice. When I listen to it, I imagine a mustache bearing man leaning out of a red carpenter van without windows.  Monty bought me lunch and everyone else got me drinks. Oh, so many drinks. Thanks friends! It was a fun day and birthday.

Mustache
Disguised
People with mustaches must drink beer.
Largest sock monkey I have ever seen.
On Sunday, I went down to my parents house for a low-country boil. If you don't know what that is it's polish sausage, shrimp, corn on the cob and potatoes all boiled to perfection and seasoned with old bay. It's pretty dang good. Usually it's poured out on newspaper, but we stuck with a bowl. Had ice cream and cake after.  White cake, white icing, vanilla ice cream. My favorites. My seeester got me tickets to see Journey and Pat Benatar (pre-planned and there will be a post on that later) and my parents got me some sweet treats and money! I like money! :) Too bad I have so many bills! Probably 'cause I like to spend money too. Hahah. I wish I would have taken pictures of the boil, but I forgot.

Anyway, it was an awesome birthday that turned into a whole weekend of celebration. Thanks everybody for celebrating with me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment