Friday, August 31, 2012

Demolition Jenny

I've been working on the outside of the house as well as the inside. This week I finally mowed the yard (which had not been done since I left for Japan). It took forever!! I got out the weed eater and did the trim and used the blower to get rid of the leaves and scrap. This job was separated into a day and a half, mainly because the weed eater ran out of line. I also began to condense the brush piles and other 'yard crap' that has accumulated over the years. There was a huge brush pile in the back yard (one of many) that I removed. This little guy popped up at my feet while I was working. Apparently, I disturbed his home. I screamed like a little girl...



Wendy's father is supposed to be picking up all of the scrap and taking it to the dump while I'm gone over the weekend, so I piled it all in the drive for easy pick up. I hope he's ready for this. There is a lot of brush!! I'm surprised my back is still working today. I thought it was going to fall off last night. It may not look like much to you, but I moved all of this in two days. It was tough work.



Additionally, I have begun demolition on the playhouse in the back yard. It was disgusting. There were so many bugs and creepy crawlies. It's fun to tear sh*t up though! :) 




I got a lot of it done. Wendy's father has a rotating saw, so I'm leaving the frame work and 1/2 of the roof to him to do over the weekend. I feel like I left him the easy part... 

I now have two nice clean areas in the backyard. I'd like to do something cool with them. Here is some inspiration:


No comments:

Post a Comment