Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Floor Paper Mache'd

Finished putting the floor paper down in the back room and hallway. The coloring is a little uneven and I believe it's due to the spread of the dye in the glue. So, I'm trying to think of good ways to fix that... My first thought is to make another darker glue mixture and spread it evenly over the whole floor. Not sure if that will help. In other blogs they have used a wood stain over the whole floor. The only thing I dislike about that is that the wood stain never truly dries and is sticky even when the polyurethane is spread over the top. In the house I'm in that could be a large problem. I'm afraid dirt and dog hair will stick to the flooring and then be pressed in to the floor and preserved there. I really don't like that idea!



No comments:

Post a Comment