Sunday, October 14, 2012

Crown Molding Might Be the Devil. Make a Pie.

Started working on finishing the crown molding in the living room on Saturday afternoon around 2:00 or 3:00. OMG. Philip came over to help out and we had about three new pieces up by 6:30 or so. It took us forever! We made models. Discussed. It was freaking hard! After those pieces, Philip had to go and I had to give up. I was done with the stupid molding for the day.

Woke up on Sunday with some fresh eyes. I knew it had to be easier. So, I decided to start at an outside corner and work in from there instead of the other way around. After I did that, I made every cut a 45 degree angle. It was much easier, like I knew it should be. That's when I figured out that, not only are the ceilings not level, but the wall boards are warped like nine different ways. I said "Screw you walls!" and just made them work for me. I had all the crown molding up and secured by 10:30am. Amazing.

I'll have to go back and fill in the nail holes and few gaps here and there, but it is up!! Now, for the kitchen. We didn't have enough trim for that, so I'll have to wait until Sally or Wendy decide to buy it.

Spent the rest of my Sunday morning just hanging out. Made some sausage, gravy and biscuits for a brunch type meal and then I made THE apple pie later on. So good. I make a mean apple pie.

uncooked
cooked

No comments:

Post a Comment