Saturday, October 6, 2012

First Coat of Poly

Applied my first coat of poly to the floor. Pretty happy with the outcome:



It is cold inside the house though! Had to turn the heat off because of the floor vents in there. Don't want them blowing crap onto my floor!! All that is left to do is to lightly sand the floors, cut in some poly around the edges and lay down a final top coat. Then paint and place the baseboards and the trim on one of the doors. There were no baseboards for the hallway so I'll have to cut those as well. Where the flooring meets the french doors I think I'll have to put some small amount of trim onto the floor. Just to transition and hold down the flooring a little bit. Otherwise I'm afraid the flooring will pull up over time. It already has a slight curl.

No comments:

Post a Comment